B2: Special Exhortation [Of] Sentient Beings [Who] Should Seek Rebirth With Giving Rise [To] Aspiration
Divided [In] Two [Parts]: First, Revelation [Of] Unsurpassable Cause [And] Condition, Second, Special Exhortation.
[Explanation]: [The] Pure Land’s supreme excellence, [can be] said [as  being able to] carry [negative] karma [to be] reborn [there], horizontally exit [the] Three Realms,  together dwelling, horizontally complete [with the] Four Lands, [to] open [up and] reveal [the] Four Teachings’ Dharma wheels, [for] sentient beings [to] completely purify [the] Four Lands, completely see [the] Three Bodies, [and] completely realise [the] Three Non-Retrogressions, [for its] people [to] all [in] one lifetime accomplish Buddhahood.
Three Realms (三界):
(1) Desire Realm (欲界)
(2) Form Realm (色界)
(3) Formless Realm (无色界)
Four Teachings (四教):
(1) Tripiṭaka Teaching (藏教) of the Small Vehicle (小乘)
(2) Common Teaching (通教) of the Small Vehicle above and Great Vehicle below
(3) Separate Teaching (别教) of the Great Vehicle (大乘)
(4) Complete Teaching (圆教) of the Buddha Vehicle (佛乘) with all above
Three Bodies (Trikāya: 三身):
(1) Manifestation Bodies (Nirmāṇakāya: 化身)
(2) Reward Body (Saṃbhogakāya: 报身)
(3) Dharma Body (Dharmakāya: 法身)
Three Non-Retrogressions (三不退):
(1) (Towards) Position’s (Of Buddhahood) Non-Retrogression (位不退)
(2) Practice’s (Of Bodhisattva Path) Non-Retrogression (行不退)
(3) Mindfulness’ Non-Retrogression (念不退)]
Such [and] other excellences [are] unusual [and] surpassingly unique. However, [they are] entirely of these two categories pointed [out and] revealed, [that] must [be] attentively studied.
– Pure Land Tradition’s 9th Patriarch Great Master Ǒuyì
(Essential Explanation [Of The] Sūtra [In Which The] Buddha Speaks [Of] Amitā[bha] Buddha)
Namo Amituofo: Translation and notes by Shen Shi’an
Next Section: What Is The Nature Of All Born In Pure Land?
Complete English Translation Of ‘The Essential Explanation On The Amitābha Sūtra As Spoken By The Buddha’